THE DOCTRINAL STATEMENT: “We affirm our faith in the triune God, the work of the Holy spirit in the redemption of all mankind through the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ and we believe in the divine inspiration and the authority of the Holy scripture which is supreme in all matters of faith and conduct in the ministry of Global Link Afrika” .
We therefore affirm the following statement of faith:
1. We affirm our belief in the one-eternal God, Creator and Lord of the world, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to the purpose of his will.
2. We affirm the divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of both Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety as the only written word of God, without error in all that it affirms, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
3. We affirm that there is only one Saviour and only one gospel, although there is a wide diversity of evangelistic approaches.
4. To evangelize is to spread the good news that Jesus Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead according to the Scriptures, and that as the reigning Lord he now offers the forgiveness of sins and the liberating gifts of the Spirit to all who repent and believe.
5. We affirm that God is both the Creator and the Judge of all people. We therefore should share his concern for justice and reconciliation throughout human society and for the liberation of men and women from every kind of oppression
6.We affirm that Christ sends his redeemed people into the world as the Father sent him, and that this calls for a similar deep and costly penetration of the world.
7. We affirm that the Church’s visible unity in truth is God’s purpose.
8. We rejoice that a new missionary era has dawned. The dominant role of western missions is fast disappearing. God is raising up from the younger churches a great new resource for world evangelization, and is thus demonstrating that the responsibility to evangelize belongs to the whole body of Christ.
9. We are convinced that this is the time for churches and Para-church agencies to pray earnestly for the salvation of the unreached and to launch new efforts to achieve world evangelization.
10. The gospel does not presuppose the superiority of any culture to another, but evaluates all cultures according to its own criteria of truth and righteousness, and insists on moral absolutes in every culture.
11. In every nation and culture there should be an effective training programme for pastors and laity in doctrine, discipleship, evangelism, nurture and service. Such training programmes should not rely on any stereotyped methodology but should be developed by creative local initiatives according to biblical standards.
12. We believe that we are engaged in constant spiritual warfare with the principalities and powers of evil, who are seeking to overthrow the Church and frustrate its task of world evangelization.
13. It is the God-appointed duty of every government to secure conditions of peace, justice and liberties in which the Church may obey God, serve the Lord Jesus Christ, and preach the gospel without interference.
14. We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit. The Father sent his Spirit to bear witness to his Son; without his witness ours is futile. Conviction of sin, faith in Christ, new birth and Christian growth are all his work.
15. We believe that Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly, in power and glory, to consummate his salvation and his judgment