THE DOCTRINAL STATEMENT: Global Link Afrika (GLA) is a non denominational evangelical mission agency which affirms the Lausanne Covenant for world evangelization; we therefore affirm the following statement of faith:
- We affirm our belief in the one-eternal God, Creator and Lord of the world, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to the purpose of his will.
- We affirm the divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of both Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety as the only written word of God, without error in all that it affirms, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We affirm that there is only one Saviour and only one gospel, although there is a wide diversity of evangelistic approaches.
- To evangelize is to spread the good news that Jesus Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead according to the Scriptures, and that as the reigning Lord he now offers the forgiveness of sins and the liberating gifts of the Spirit to all who repent and believe.
- We affirm that God is both the Creator and the Judge of all people. We therefore should share his concern for justice and reconciliation throughout human society and for the liberation of men and women from every kind of oppression.
- We affirm that Christ sends his redeemed people into the world as the Father sent him, and that this calls for a similar deep and costly penetration of the world.
- We affirm that the Church’s visible unity in truth is God’s purpose.
- We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit. The Father sent his Spirit to bear witness to his Son; without his witness ours is futile. Conviction of sin, faith in Christ, new birth and Christian growth are all his work.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly, in power and glory, to consummate his salvation and his judgment.