The Concept of Global Link Afrika
Background: Uganda has a population of about 33 million; of this population about 85% are Christians. According to the latest Operation World statistics, there are 66 unreached people groups representing about 9% of the total Ugandan population. It is also true that many people particularly in the rural areas as well as the slums and low income areas within the urban areas don’t have easy access to critical social services like health care, education and clean water. And yet many of the Churches are overflowing with untapped talent, gifts and abilities that would easily be channelled so as to meet the glaring needs.
There are many young and even elderly people who would easily give time to work and minister among the needy communities in this country. However, there has hardly been any serious and aggressive mobilization strategy to tap into this mission force. Many young people in the church including students completing School, University or college are willing to commit some time to serve among needy communities, but because there hasn’t been a deliberate attempt to tap into this interest, the church has lost out on deploying them for meaningful service and ministry to the communities.
Global Link Afrika (GLA): Is an indigenous Christian Mission agency that aims at bringing transformation in the lives of individuals and communities through Programs focusing on Mission Training and Community Transformation. With a special emphasis on gospel cantered ministry approach and through her apprenticeship and mission opportunities, GLA seeks to bridge the gap between gifts, passions, abilities, callings and available opportunities for Global Missions. We promote holistic approach to missions to cause transformation in the lives of individuals and communities.
As a non-denominational evangelical Christian ministry, GLA partners with any evangelical local church, ministries and Institutions to realize the Great Commission of Jesus Christ and fulfil its aims and objectives. GLA draws her conviction from Colossians 1:20 “Reconciling all things to God through Christ”
Global Link Afrika (GLA) Is a registered not for profit Christian Mission agency that aims at transforming the lives of individuals and communities holistically through Mission Training and Community Development programs. With a special emphasis on gospel centred ministry approach and through her apprenticeship and mission opportunities, GLA seeks to bridge the gap between gifts, passions, abilities, callings and available opportunities for Global Missions.
As a non-denominational Christian mission agency, GLA is not bound to a particular church or denomination but partners with any evangelical local church, organization and Institution to realize the Great Commission of Jesus Christ and fulfill its aims and objectives. We draw our conviction from Colossians 1:20 which calls for “Reconciling all things to God through Christ”.
“Bringing the light of Christ, creating hope and transformation in communities.”
“To identify, link, resource and facilitate networks for holistic transformation in the lives of individuals and communities through the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
- Empower individuals and communities with Biblical models and values for holistic community transformation.
- Provide opportunities for exploring, exposure and engagement in holistic community transformation through Christian Mission to individuals and groups.
- Carry out research on Mission and Mission trends so as to facilitate meaningful Missions endeavours.
- Teach proper handling of scripture for effective mission and ministry for individuals and groups.
- Engage in creating awareness and advocacy for biblical interventions on issues affecting the Church and Community.
- Authority of the Scripture: We believe that the Holy Scripture is the final authority in all matters of faith and supreme in the ministry of Global Link Afrika.
- Building Relationships: We seek to build strong relationships with like minded people and institutions to facilitate effective serve in the Lord’s vineyard.
- Servanthood: We seek to serve the purpose of Christ in humility in order to exalt His name above all things.
- Integrity: We seek to live, talk and walk a life of integrity everywhere.
- Excellence: We seek to uphold Excellency as a lifestyle as we serve in the Lord’s vineyard.
- Accountability: We seek to be accountable first to God and to the systems governing the operation and ministry of Global Link Afrika.
We achieve this goal through IELS Strategy: Our IELS strategy is; Identify interested and committed people, Equip them with the necessary knowledge, skills and information, Link them to opportunities and Networks and Send them to placements for holistic community transformation.
PROGRAM AREAS: We recognize missions as a mandate given to the whole Church. Ours is a holistic approach to missions, causing transformation in the lives of individuals but also in their communities. We achieve this through a 3E cycle with each program designed to give optimum equipping and experience in missions.