ITS GOOD NEWS.. ITS URGENT.. WE WILL GO TELL IT OUT.
Its “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” yes that’s the mandate. We are followers of Jesus and just like we follow him we help others follow him.. Are you part of this as a believer? Are you making disciples of all nations?
- a) Go therefore … does anybody stay nooo we all go . ITS THE WHOLE CHURCH TAKING THE WHOLE GOSPEL TO THE WHOLE WORLD. You might be asking how do i go?
- The practice of literally going across cultures as a missionary ,God is still calling people with great or small professions, old and young, married couples or single people to cross cultures and make disciples.
- The practice of welcoming : The nations we are talking about are living next door. They are here. How intentional are you to get to them in their houses next door .. in our nation right here in Uganda we have millions of refugees that have been brought to us through war. How can you be part of this?
its welcoming the missionaries in your home listening to their stories and refreshing them, its providing member care to them as they stay front line ,its visiting the field and praying with them.
- The practice of sending; Giving financially to those who go. writing cheques and doing standing orders , its sending food and other resources that are needed. I write in Bold Money doesn’t save souls its more than throwing cash ,its creating a rich relationship with the missionary and the mission field.
- The practice of Praying : We advance the gospel amidst opposing powers and their is need for people that intercede for the efforts that are put in mobilization and even implementing the strategies. Our strategies can only be only effective if birthed in prayer.
- The practice of mobilization: working to cast vision for the whole world in such a way that other believers can see Gods story and find ways to be part of. its networking and rallying people to take their positions . creatively finding ways of reaching all Gods people to tag in as we face the task remaining.
- b) Make disciples – any follower of Jesus should be making disciples, its people in need of change helping people in need of change. Its the ability to draw attention of people to Jesus who transforms them.
- c) Of all nations- this are not political entities or countries but “a people” There are many nations which are not reached even within politically divided nations like Uganda.
We still have many Un reached people groups, and so we must GO .
For many Christians the apostolic passion has died in our hearts , Instead of dreaming of the whole world covered with the glory of God, We have other dreams.
TEST YOUR PASSION TODAY
- The passion has died when we rarely spend time with the Lord of the harvest . If you hang around Him , He will give you a new assignment.
- The passion has died when we keep going to church and sing about heaven but live as if earth is our home and get attached to the things around here.
- The passion dies when we dream more about visas,plots,cars.etc instead of dreaming of nations worshiping God.
- The passion dies when we keep planning to go and be involved but our hearts are willing to stay and do nothing.